Saturday 23 November 2013

A new shirt and some walking foot sewing.

Hey all.

I've been a busy beaver, working on christmas gifts, which I can't mention. Also I was working on my holiday wall hanging, which is coming along nicely. Ken (kenmore sewing machine)was being temperamental. Actually he's temperamental at least once a day when I use him. So miss my Grace babylock, oh so much, and I'll be dancing when she's fixed. Anyway, so I've been busy. One of which was getting a shirt done and sewed up for my youngest. I finished that today. Below you can see it. He was happy to see it done, that was for sure; me I was happy to have it done so I could move on back to my other projects. Go me!


Next is a picture of my holiday wall hanging that is a work in progress. I hope I can have it done in time. I am finding that machine quilting, is a bit of a struggle because you do have to move your fabric around constantly. I cannot see myself sewing a twin or anything bigger on the machine, but I suspect I will surprise myself as time goes buy because lets face it, Long arm sewing machines are expensive. So here is are a couple of works in progress for the wall hanging. The walking foot is proving to be very useful; I can't wait though to start the free motion quilting on it. That will come.

I had to rip out a section that I did today because the bobbin bounced, but once I fixed it, it seemed to be okay. So ripping was the last thing I did today before I put everything up for supper. It was a very productive day and I'm quite happy with the progress I'm making, even though Ken likes to give me grief. [laughs] So here are the pictures for the wall hanging.


Well that's it until next time.

Keep sewing and having fun

No comments:

Post a Comment