Wednesday 30 October 2013

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Happy Halloween everyone. I hope all the kids out there are going to have a blast trick or treating. I hope the adults out there have their fun too, because remember no one is too old to have a bit of Halloween fun. I managed to finish the Halloween wall hanging that I started at the beginning of the month. I'm both proud and disappointed with it at the same time. Funny how that is. lol

The pattern came out of a Patrick Lose magazine, and I just had to make it; so I did. I'm disappointed that it didn't turn out straight and that my applique came out a little jumbled. I'm kind of happy with the free motion quilting that I did for it and I'm really proud of the binding. It was one reason it took me so long, the binding. I hate it and love it at the same time. Not to mention that it's been a while since I've done any type of binding. So it really was a surprise to know that if it I didn't want to, I didn't have to do bias binding. I just cut out what I needed and went from there. It was a bit of a challenge since I kept sewing the pieces together the wrong way. It took me three tries to get right, but once I finally did, I got it on then hand sewed the back. I actually got lost in the hand sewing and almost forgot to put super on. Thank goodness for my husband who happened to pay attention to the time and ask if I was putting dinner on. So all in all it wasn't a bad day and I still wish I had my laptop.

Anyway without further ado, here at the pictures. I have more but with the laptop in the shop those pictures may have to wait.

I have my hand stitching I was doing, and then the finished product. Remember I'm a beginner and I know it's not the best, but I made it and well, I'll try another later and see how I made out with that one. For now, I'm proud of what I accomplished and not to mention what I learned through making this. Indeed this was an adventure and I'll do it all over again, soon. :)

Once again, I hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween.
Laters :)

1 comment:

  1. Great to see it completed. It is a spooky Halloween Wall Hanging.

    ReplyDelete