Wednesday 16 October 2013

Sewing troubles, and Halloween bags.

Hello everyone, I hope all is well.

It's the middle of October and I've been sort of busy with a lot of things. My main sewing machine Grace broke down. I think it was my own fault, so I had to pull my Kenmore out and he's still as temperamental as I remember him lol. As my mother said though, I'm glad I can switch machines. I really miss Grace because she was so nice to sew with and you didn't have to fight with the tension. I'll get to sew with her soon, well after the Christmas holidays. Until then I'll deal with Ken. He's still much loved, but he's just a temperamental machine.

I got busy today(tonight)and worked on two Halloween bags, One for my Husbands grandson and then his granddaughter. I made a pillowcase for the grandson; I figured he'd get more use out of it this way since it will double as a halloween bag. Now the granddaughter gets a cute little bag. It's a little big, but she will grow into it and when she's older I'll make a pillowcase one for her. So, that was my adventure tonight. I really enjoyed myself as well, and I can't wait to give the kids their little gift.

Here are pictures


The first picture is both together. The second is a close up of the little bag that I made for the granddaughter. The third is the close up the decorative stitch I used. Lastly the last one is the pillowcase. I always make them a bit bigger. Easier to get on the pillows.

Well that's it for now.
Happy sewing/quilting and crafting. Stay Creative. :)

1 comment: