Monday 9 September 2013

First Time Free Motion Quilting.

Today, I did take the plunge and tried out free motion quilting. It really and truly is not as easy as it looks. BUT it's fun! lol. I don't have an extension table, although it is on my list to get. Along with that list is my walking foot. I'm going to need it soon. Anyway I'm not giving away that project. Today is about finishing a UFO= Unfinished object. In my case my plunge into free motion quilting. There are several video's online and I've watched a couple here and there. I had ten potholders to do and well, that's what I used. I know I need a lot more practice, but I'm going to continue. I had a lot of fun and towards the end I was be-bopping along with some music.

I did run into one snag and for some reason my first bobbin decided it was gonna tangle all over the place. I figure (and as does my mother) the bobbin wasn't wound right. So I got another bobbin ready and didn't have another problem at all. I went on my way and I was having fun. I can say that an extension table would have made things just that much easier and that will come. I was happy though. Those woman and yes men out there that have done this for years, kudo's to you for making it look so easy and I only hope one day I can make it look like that as well.

Here are the potholders. Close up of the free motion. I didn't do too bad; I know that at times my stitching was longer or shorter, that comes with practice I'm sure of it.


For sure I will be doing this again; I really enjoyed the free motion quilting. One project in the bucket done, several more to be working on.

Oh happy day/evening.
Until later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment