Thursday 18 August 2011

Pin cushion with a little buzz.

First off

The pattern was by The Button Bush Quilting company(I think) I made the busy bee pin cushion. I had a bit of no-how but to be honest I had no clue what a log cabin was. ( I'm still rather new to quilting.) So I decided with what was there to design a bit. I ended up with what I thought was a brick pattern or what some may say a mixed and matched pattern for the sides. The next adventure was the the little bumble bees. Now I had no prior knowledge of embroidery but no fear I think it turned out cute. The wings are laughable but still cute. All and all with have to stop several times I say about 2 hours or less to do this little cushion. Maybe next time I'll do the flower pot pin cushion.

Doesn't hurt to have more then one pin cushion anyway. That's another thought for another day. One old wore out pin cushion gone to pin cushion heaven and a new baby cushion set and ready to use. Next project; A cover for my sewing machine and some shirts. I'll blog about each one as I go. :P

All in all not a bad day for getting creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment