Wednesday 3 July 2013

Major progress and something to sew tomorrow.

Hey, hey hey.

Today, I did the pot holders I had cut out. I just need to stitch them up, and they'll be done and sent to the people they are going too. Then I set to work on a quilt idea, so I'm working on that and you'll see a picture of the progress there. I've decided to challenge myself and try to sew every day this month. I can't take the credit, because someone else issued a challenge and whom and I to say no. The challenge was issued on a group that I'm member on Facebook. So I did sew today! Just pot holders, but I need to stitch them closed then maybe do a design on them too. I don't have a free motion quilt for my grace; I do have fancy stitches so I will use those. :) All in all it was a good day.

Here is the big pile of pot holders


And here is another project I started, which is pinned to sew up tomorrow. I don't know if I'm going to make it into a quilt or if I'm just going to keep it small and make it into something bigger. I'm thinking a quilt, maybe a double. Yep, I'm likely to get in over my head, but honestly, I think it will be fun. :D


And that's it for me tonight. :) I feel pretty good about what I did today. Now I'm going to go reward myself with a nice soak in the tub! :D

Tootles!

2 comments:

  1. Hello there Colleen. Great job on both blogs you did in July. Keep up the good work. Sewing is great if a person can get to it to do great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mellie Anderson8 July 2013 at 13:58

    Fun fact: One year in Home Ec, we had to make potholders. Mine turned into a cat pillow. Still have it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete