Tuesday 2 July 2013

Skulls and Greens and paper piecing too.

Hello everyone. I managed to sit down today and do a pair of shorts. It only took me two hours to do, and that was even stopping to eat lunch. Anyway, the shorts were made for my youngest boy, who adores them, since he hasn't taken them off since I asked him to try them on. The pattern was a Mcalls pattern - M4364 The shorts were super easy to sew up. I just took longer because I like to zigzag the raw edges to help prevent fraying.

Also yesterday, I spent the afternoon with my mother and we did paper piecing. She had done it before, but I have never tried it, so that was quite interesting. We made A LOT of mistakes, but it was also a very fun and sometimes frustrating learning process. I will be doing that again. I'll just have to wait and I've added it into my bucket list of projects I want to do. lol I have other projects that are sitting to be sewn up, and am probably going to do those tomorrow. So with out further ado, here are the pics; one is the paper piece that my mother did and you will notice the mistakes (it was a test square anyway for my mother to learn how to do it right.)

The bottom image is of my youngest boy, who rather looks cool with his new shorts and sunglasses on. As I said before he's quite happy with them and that makes mom very happy as well. :)

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment